- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - KIM SMITH DOES BA ILLUSTRATION :: SECOND YEAR- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - ASSIGNMENTS - - - KNITTING - - -FILM - - - SELF DIRECTED- - - STUDIO - - - INFLUENCE - - - YACK YACK - - - MORE- - - ABOUT - - -

Tuesday 1 February 2011

BLOW UP :: FILM/TV


Overall, I was a little disappointed when I watched it- probably the reputation 'blew it' out of proportion (sorry, bad pun). But there are some lovely aspects to it.
-All of the gorgeous styling, and how he wore white trousers the whole way through.
-That beginning title bit, with the grass in the background. To die for.
BUT I kind of thought it was trying too hard to be cool and sexy. I also felt some of the scenes were pointless and just put in to make him seem more sexy than he really was. Maybe that makes me a prude, but I just felt it was over-emphasized.
Then again, maybe that was the point.
I found him very hard to watch- cringeworthy almost.
Is it bad that I still like it because the cinematography is beautiful and so is the set and all the dresses?



Is it also really bad that I would've liked it A LOT more if it had Michael Caine in it, and his character was a little nicer?

No comments:

Post a Comment