- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - KIM SMITH DOES BA ILLUSTRATION :: SECOND YEAR- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - ASSIGNMENTS - - - KNITTING - - -FILM - - - SELF DIRECTED- - - STUDIO - - - INFLUENCE - - - YACK YACK - - - MORE- - - ABOUT - - -

Tuesday 1 February 2011

BLAME IT ON RIO :: FILM/TV


I watched this late one night when I couldn't sleep over xmastime. I thought it was noteworthy to put on here, because aspects of it pop into my thoughts every now and again.
I found her incredibly annoying and cringey to watch. She encompassed everything in a stereotype of girl that I find rather disgusting. The throwing-herself-at-him (over and over again even after he's said no), the blatant-unnecessary-nudity, the pouting, the whining, the you-love-me-don't-you, the needy-i-can't-take-care-of-myself, the all-i'm-good-for-is-finding-and-shagging-males. I'm also not a fan of hot vacation spots- or film about the beach BUT I actually found it really interesting. Sometimes the things that make you uncomfortable are actually the best things to learn from.

And I appreciated Michael Caine's ability to not always play 'the stud'. It kind of blew my mind, seeing him acting all shy and nervous around the naked ladies. Made me have a lot more respect for him as an actor. He is so effortlessly cool (and he knows it), and it was great to see him play a character unsure and awkward about bodies.

The fashions were less than desirable- but in-keeping with the time it was made. Nothing too special to say about the filming techniques, except that there were several good one-shot-pans. [: The whole love-triangle (or is it a love-hexagon) is a rather interesting one (I won't spoil it for you!).

Blame It On Rio goes in my "Glad I watched but- but probably won't see again" catagory. Can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment