- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - KIM SMITH DOES BA ILLUSTRATION :: SECOND YEAR- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - ASSIGNMENTS - - - KNITTING - - -FILM - - - SELF DIRECTED- - - STUDIO - - - INFLUENCE - - - YACK YACK - - - MORE- - - ABOUT - - -

Thursday 4 November 2010

The V&A Textiles room.



During our several trips to the V&A, I found my favourite place- the Textiles room. I love everything about it, from the fact that the room is quiet and peaceful to the shelves to the actual pieces that date back as far as the 4th century to how we take them out and 'study' from them. Such a gem.




I could easily have spent all my time in here. But I restrained myself and looked for variety when we were drawing. Perhaps I'll come back and spend a Saturday just drawing from these. It really tickles my crafty granny side.


And it doesn't hurt when you have such priceless friends to accompany you.

No comments:

Post a Comment