- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - KIM SMITH DOES BA ILLUSTRATION :: SECOND YEAR- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - ASSIGNMENTS - - - KNITTING - - -FILM - - - SELF DIRECTED- - - STUDIO - - - INFLUENCE - - - YACK YACK - - - MORE- - - ABOUT - - -

Thursday 4 November 2010

'Nostalgia' at V&A


A while ago, during our induction period we visited the V&A several times to do library induction and to draw and see the Ballet exhibition. One of these times we were asked to produce images (10) on the theme Nostalgia. I mainly chose things that made me feel whistful or reminded me of olden times. The first two were drawn while looking at ivory statues (less than 1 foot tall). I tried picking out things that I liked and composing them in a nice way, rather than literally translating what I saw.



Textiles drawings, of course. :]



Near the end I was getting a bit tired and we were running out of time (you can see the last drawing I had to stop half way through cause we got kicked out!) but I enjoyed playing with this and finishing it off in a way which communicated the object and also the fact that I wasn't directly looking at it.

Little did I know that 10 images would feel EASY in a weeks time. [:
(actually, i'm pretty used to the 'draw a million images in an afternoon' from foundation, but it's still tough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment